Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mural: Day 4

I logged in a couple more hours today on the mural. I wish Tommy lived a little closer so I could get to his house quicker and be there more often....but oh well. It's getting done, slowly but surely. I finished Yoda's claws today and he is all done now (minus his light saber) and I started on Darth Vadar. I got most of his head done....and surprisingly it was easier than I thought. Yoda was much more time consuming and tricky to figure out. I thought D.V. would be more of a challange since I'm basically working with shades from grey to black. Only having to mix black and white ended up being super easy to work with and didn't get muddied as it would've if I had used more colors. The rest of his body should come together pretty quickly (although it is a pretty large area to paint). I didn't want to work on the light sabers today......I'll probably do those last.

1 comment:

dana said...

Wow. That's coming along really well! It looks so great. Honestly, I'm really impressed (not that I wasn't expecting greatness) but it just looks really complicated.
Bummer the marker showed through. Were you able to fix it?
Again, great work! Looks like you'll be done soon?